neo • thread blog

neo's 2nd Birthday

neo’s 2nd year: the Year of Twos  Today, is the second year of neo. I think most of these sorts of reflections begin with an enthusiastic, “Wow, how time flies”, “Can you believe it?!?” and the like. But I think, my response is only 32% that and the remaining 68% is: “Wait, I’ve only been at this for two years?” Followed by, " OH GOD... I have SO much more to learn!"   Since, February 2017, I feel as though I lived a lot of life. I pray to God, I don’t look it but, I’ve experienced countless failures and successes. Which...

Read more →


Cold Weather Style Guide

This is a comprehensive guide to help you feel your stylish self this Winter season! One quick caveat, I personally, believe that personal style is much more valuable, life-giving and intentional than following fashion is. Don’t get me wrong…. Fashion is fun, it’s art, it’s always moving and progressing which is beautiful! But, I’m afraid the fleeting fads and trends not only create a culture of disposability and waste but also the potential for judgement or feelings of unworthiness. I’ve felt this. I’ve walked into a room and thought, “yep, definitely not trendy enough to be accepted here.” So what’s...

Read more →


Fraudy Feelings

A Journal Entry/Love Letter The most vulnerable and real blog yet. Maybe I shouldn’t be sharing this, maybe it’s not good for business but maybe it’s good for me.  Note: you may notice, this post was written several months back. At the time, it was too raw to share. Today, I was able to read it, being in a new place, with gratitude and I can honestly say it helped. I hope, it helps you too.     Photo courtesy of Skylar Schroff Recently, I’ve been feeling pretty fraudy. I started this business in hopes of encouraging others to embrace...

Read more →


What Size Am I? How to Measure Yourself

What Size Am I? How to Measure Yourself!All too often, I encounter girls who want to know if something will fit them, I ask their measurements and they respond with, “Oh, no clue. I don’t even know my measurements”. I'm always baffled but that's because it's a venial sin, in the sewing world, to not know. Whether you are sewing pieces for yourself or an avid online shopper knowing your measurements is super important! I’m going to give you a comprehensive guide on how to effectively take your measurements! First, let’s see that materials list. What you'll need: -  A...

Read more →


How to Thrift

How to Be the Best Thrifter Your comprehensive guide on thrift store shopping the right way. Thrifting has evolved so much throughout the years. What once was a budgeting necessity is now a Western past-time. Celebrities and IT-girls everywhere are flaunting their thrifted finds. I do a lot of thrifting, it’s literally my job here at neo • thread co. It’s fun but, of course work. I wanted to provide a quick, comprehensive guide to help you be a better, responsible thrifter on a mission! Hopefully you learn some things but most importantly have fun reading along, that’s always the...

Read more →